Monday, September 17, 2007

Today's Progress

Let's see, what have I done so far today. Well, last night was OK actually. My first night at home in my own bed. I was able to sponge down and change clothes before bed. Elizabeth had to help me undress. I stood at the bathroom sink and used a washcloth.

I was able to wrap myself with a towel and get to the bed. Elizabeth had to help me put on my underwear and get into bed. The method that works best seems to be:

a.) use the walker to get perpendicular to the bed.
b.) sit down on the edge of the bed.
c.) lay back straight out
d.) hook my good leg under my bad left leg and lift up.
e.) swing both legs up onto the bed.
f.) inch my way into a comfortable position.

It is still very painful getting into bed. The most pain happens when my legs spread apart at all.

Walking around the house last night wasn't too bad. I still had to walk one step at a time; advancing the walker then stepping forward with the bad leg, then good leg. It is very slow also.

I slept from 10-ish until about 1-ish when I woke up and had to urinate. Rather than a slow painful trip to the bathroom I used the bottle from the hospital. I was able to fall back asleep until about 3 am when Mary Elizabeth came in feeling sick. After that I was unable to relax and resume sleeping.

Ironically, the baby slept all night without interruption.

No comments:

Blink XT2 Thumbnail Failed Fix

Well, this is a bit frustrating. I have one outdoor Blink XT2 camera from Amazon which I installed about a year and a half ago...or maybe tw...