Sunday, September 16, 2007

2nd night, 3rd day in hospital

Last night I slept much better than the first night. I still have a lot of trouble getting in and out of bed. My left leg and hip are very painful when pressed on the edge of the bed. Once I am able to stand with my walker and can fully extend my leg, it feels a little better.

The pain feels like it is coming from my inner thigh towards the rear. It feels like soft tissue soreness lying down. When I move it hurts at certain points during the movement.

I was able to have a BM around 11 am for the first time since Thursday. One of the side effects of LORTAB is apparently constipation. I should be good for the rest of the day though.

I'm starting to wonder about being compensated for my pain and suffering, as well as the inconvenience to my family. Not to mention the impact on my job. I think I'll be unable to travel on planes for at least a few weeks. I don't want to take unfair advantage of the driver's insurance but on the other hand she was legitimately wrong for passing me and then turning across my path. If I was a car she would not have done that. I am so tired of drivers treating cyclists like inconveniences.

No comments:

Blink XT2 Thumbnail Failed Fix

Well, this is a bit frustrating. I have one outdoor Blink XT2 camera from Amazon which I installed about a year and a half ago...or maybe tw...