Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Tuesday 9/18

Today I think I took a step back. My lower back on the left side is starting to hurt. It feels as if something has shifted where my pelvis connects to my sacrum.

Walking seems a little more difficult today. I was having stomach problems which I suspect were caused by . Instead of taking 2 per dose I went down to one per dose. Consequently, I felt more pain. It was interesting to get a sense of how much pain there is in the absence of any painkillers. The answer is quite a bit.

I woke up around 3 am and could not get back to sleep. I ended up going to watch TV around 5 until 7 ish. Getting out of bed required laying back, supporting my bad leg with the good, and swinging both over the side of the bed simultaneously. Then I stand upright using the walker.

I took a shower today. The first one since Thursday. Elizabeth had to help me get over the tub side. I used the walker to get alongside the tub then braced myself against the walls for stability. Getting out of the tub was the same in reverse. I was only able to dry off my top half. Elizabeth had to dry my legs.

She also had to assist me with putting on my underwear, shorts, socks and shoes.

No comments:

Blink XT2 Thumbnail Failed Fix

Well, this is a bit frustrating. I have one outdoor Blink XT2 camera from Amazon which I installed about a year and a half ago...or maybe tw...