Tuesday, October 28, 2008

MS Outlook / Internet Explorer script error when printing

I repaired my MS Outlook and MS Office a couple of times today and yesterday. (Don't ask.)

When trying to print a receipt email in html format that contained animated graphics (java I believe) I got the following error popup window:



It says the following:
! An error has occurred in a script on this page

Line: 2233
Char: 1
Error: Unspecified error
Code: 0
URL: res://ieframe.dll/preview.js (I think it could also refer to preview.dlg)

I searched on the internet for the solution and most of them involved some sophisticated editing of the registry, adding/deleting printers, adding/deleing add-ons and on and on.

I went so far as to reinstall my outlook which wiped out my email account settings. I even reinstalled IE8 (b2.) Nothing worked.

Then I found a post with this simple command line:

Go to Start/Run and enter the command:
regsvr32 ole32.dll

I did it and guess what....IT WORKED!

Sometimes the simplest solutions are the ones that work after all. Thanks to whoever found this!

5 comments:

Chuck said...

Eric,

thank you very much. I have had the same problem for months and your fix worked!!!!!!!!!! I tried others that were complex to no avail. You are a friend for life.

Thanks.

Chuck

Anonymous said...

it worked thanks

Anonymous said...

thanks it worked!

Unknown said...

Had the same problem, just a different line number, that started unexpectedly a few days ago. The "regsvr32 ole32.dll" solution fixed it! You guys are wonderful.

Unknown said...

Excellent...it works!!

That is what I call giving back to the community...thanks.

David P.

Blink XT2 Thumbnail Failed Fix

Well, this is a bit frustrating. I have one outdoor Blink XT2 camera from Amazon which I installed about a year and a half ago...or maybe tw...