Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Deja-News

And now from the "Haven't we heard this before files" comes one of today's top stories: "US troops kill No. 2 leader of al-Qaida in Iraq"

How many times have we killed the number two guy in either Iraq or Afghanistan? I guess they reshuffle the deck every time so I'm sure #2 will be killed again in a few months.

I really just have 1 burning question....Why can't we kill #1?

In news from the "It's about time" files, Casey Anthony was finally formally charged with her daughter's murder. What a tragedy all around. First, for little Caylee, who never had a chance. Second, for Casey's parents. I can only imagine the heartbreak at losing first their granddaughter and now their daughter. It's maddening to hear Casey's attorney predict vindication and all that but I guess that's his job. If only he could persuade Casey to finally tell the truth.

Her is his exact prediction for the trial's outcome. Let's see in about a year how prescient he was. By that time the publicity from this trial will have catapaulted him to celebrity status.

"I sincerely believe that when we have finally spoken, everyone, and I mean everyone, will sit back and say, 'Now, I understand. That explains it,'" Anthony's attorney, Jose Baez, said Tuesday as he stood next to his client before the indictment was issued.

Now if only they could get that other smug, cold-hearted son of a B, Drew Peterson.

No comments:

Blink XT2 Thumbnail Failed Fix

Well, this is a bit frustrating. I have one outdoor Blink XT2 camera from Amazon which I installed about a year and a half ago...or maybe tw...