Tuesday, January 07, 2003

Have we attacked Iraq yet? I think we are only scant days away from the "war to promote peace and goodwill."

Actually, I read an editorial that stated more plainly than President W our reasons for obliterating Saddam's regime. If we allow Saddam to get a nuke or other WMD, he might target the Saudi oil fields. Destroying or crippling the Saudi oil machine would plunge the worldwide economy into chaos. Although our dependence on Gulf region oil is down to about 17%, I think Europe and Japan rely a lot more on it. Thus if Europe and Japan (who are major commerce partners) are in trouble, then our economy will suffer more.

Now why couldn't Dubya just say that? I find it difficult to have to de-code all of that stuff about "axis of evil" and "war for peace." Nobody wants our economy to suffer more so I am sure everyone would support a war to protect our economy. Why can't they just say "We're going to kick him out of power to make sure he never gets cocky enough to blow up them oil fields." I'd be a lot happier.

No comments:

Blink XT2 Thumbnail Failed Fix

Well, this is a bit frustrating. I have one outdoor Blink XT2 camera from Amazon which I installed about a year and a half ago...or maybe tw...