Friday, October 05, 2007

3 week update

Today is the 3 week anniversary of the crash. I think my recovery is going pretty well. I still need crutches to walk around, although I'm putting less weight on them. It's more just to keep too much weight off of my left leg.

For the past couple of nights, I've been able to roll onto my right side in bed. It takes a while, maybe a minute or so because of pain in my upper thigh. I also don't want to put too much stress on the joint all at once. However, once I'm on my side, it's not too bad. Just a dull ache inside the thigh. However, It's too painful to lay on my left side yet.

Also, I haven't taken any Vicodin since Wednesday. Again, the pain hasn't been too bad except when my left leg moves suddenly. For example, when it falls off the table or out of bed too quickly. The key to minimizing most of the pain is to keep my legs close together.

I drove for a long distance (10 miles) for the first time today. The last time I tried to drive, about 10 days ago, my pelvis felt like it was coming apart. Today I had no sense of bones moving around in there. I just had to lean on the car while getting the crutches out.

The thing that seems to be lingering is a dull ache that feels like it is running down inside my left femur.

No comments:

Blink XT2 Thumbnail Failed Fix

Well, this is a bit frustrating. I have one outdoor Blink XT2 camera from Amazon which I installed about a year and a half ago...or maybe tw...