Monday, February 24, 2003

MISCELLANEOUS
What's going on? Well, I spent the weekend in Nashville, I think it was the second time this year. It was pretty uneventful, just did a lot of introspection. The weather was, in a nutshell, frustrating. It rained all morning Saturday but the temperature was 65 degrees. I decided to escape the rain and catch a movie (Daredevil.) When I exited the movie, it was 45 degrees and still raining. A few hours later it started snowing. Sunday morning, a layer of wet frozen snow was everywhere.

I have a prediction for today. A big fat guy I know tells me every couple of weeks that "I am going to start working out today." Well today is supposed to be one of his starting days. I predict he is going to instead eat a huge plate of cheese fries and watch TV.

The Grammy Awards were on TV last night. Watching award shows is probably just a notch higher than watching "Fear Factor" but I wanted to see a few of the performances. I thought Faith Hill was going to fall apart during her performance of "Cry." Not to mention that her outfit pretty much left nothing to the imagination. Bruce Springsteen hollered his way through "The Rising" which was pretty good. Norah Jones pretty much cleaned up as far as awards go. What was really interesting is all of the highly talented young people making a mark nowadays. John Mayer (16) is an awesome fingerstyle guitarist! Vanessa Carlton is a classically trained pianist. Michelle Branch (19) has a compelling voice and the talent to produce a lot of collaborative hits. Even Eminem, though not my taste, is pretty talented.

No comments:

Blink XT2 Thumbnail Failed Fix

Well, this is a bit frustrating. I have one outdoor Blink XT2 camera from Amazon which I installed about a year and a half ago...or maybe tw...