Wednesday, February 05, 2003

Last night I dreamed I was in a plane crash. It was actually more like a crash landing. It was a huge jet like a 747. I thought I would be screaming uncontrollably in such a situation but instead I sat terrified in silence. I think my heart rate was about 180 though and I was breathing as if I was sprinting. When the plane finally ground to a halt and I realized I had survived, I cheered. Several of the other passengers were angered by my reaction, as if my joy at being alive was absurd. Maybe it is selfish, but I think human nature is to first be glad you are alive before verifying the welfare of complete strangers.

Regarding Iraq: The Iraqis interviewed in this mornings "man on the street" interviews keep saying a couple of common things. First, that Iraq has no weapons of mass destruction and second, that America only wants to control Iraq's oil fields. Number one, how would the everyday Iraqi know what his President has in his cache of weapons? They are not a free country! Their press is controlled by the Baath party and Saddam's son Uday even runs the major newspaper. Second, would it be so bad if we controlled their oil fields? The Saudi Arabians seem to be pretty well off. Lastly, are they implying that they like being ruled by a dictator? These "man on the street" interviews are complete BS. They remind me of Jay Leno asking college graduates what the square root of nine is....'Uh, 5?"

Lastly, I missed my run on Monday due to rain and being exhausted (I'm typically exhausted on Mondays.) So I ran 5 miles then immediately drove to the athletic center to swim. I swam an 1,800 yd workout that consisted of about 1000 yds worth of sprints. I wasn't that dizzy right afterwards but I stopped at the grocery store and suddenly felt like I was going to keel over. My countdown is 45 days until my first triathlon race of the 2003 season. I have another 16 lbs to lose.

No comments:

Blink XT2 Thumbnail Failed Fix

Well, this is a bit frustrating. I have one outdoor Blink XT2 camera from Amazon which I installed about a year and a half ago...or maybe tw...