Thursday, February 15, 2018

Early am thoughts

I've been up since about 4 am. Yesterday afternoon and evening were pretty rough in terms of post  op pain from my shoulder surgery. I was trying to stay ahead of the pain by taking Oxycodone as prescribed, 10mg every 3-4 hours but somehow I missed the early afternoon dose, so by around 5pm I was chasing after it.

I woke up after a pretty good nights sleep, which these days is about 2-3 hours without waking. Not having the dog's bed in the bedroom was key as she didn't wake us up, which had become an annoying habit.

I thought of many things including:

  • I need to learn how to pray. It always feel awkward and as if I'm ignorant of the proper parts of a prayer. Even as simple as opeing the prayer. I don't want to pray to ask for things as much as to give gratitude, for every day I marvel at my blessings and I believe that expressing this gratitude makes me a better employee, husband, father, and community member.
  • I want a new bike...and to me, a nice used one would be just as nice. My bike is a 2009, and while perfectly functional, is showing it's age. Not to mention that technology has come a long way since 2009. Disc brakes are becoming standard  for exmaple. I'd like to trade or sell two of my current bikes, the 2009 Trek Madone 5.2 and the 2013 Felt tri bike.
  • I wonder if we should get our roof redone? I had a quote last year for about $7k which isn't bad, considering. However, I have some debt to pay down first. 
  • I need to sell our 3rd car. There's no reason to hang onto it anymore. It's perfectly functional although the CEL recently came on. I believe it is just an O2 sensor or possibly loose gas cap or bad fuel. Since it is supposed to be 76 degrees today, there is no excuse for not getting it cleaned up and listed. That would put some immediate cash into my account. 
  • According to Turbo Tax, the form I've needed from the IRS will be available on 2/15. I think it was already delayed once from 2/8. This is the only thing keeping me from filing our 2017 taxes which would give us a small refund to go towards our remodeling. 

No comments:

Blink XT2 Thumbnail Failed Fix

Well, this is a bit frustrating. I have one outdoor Blink XT2 camera from Amazon which I installed about a year and a half ago...or maybe tw...