Saturday, February 03, 2007

Re-starting my running program

I really want to want to be a good runner. Sometimes I get up and run and feel great. However, for the last 5-6 weeks, I just haven't wanted to go. I can't really blame it on anything other than lack of motivation.

It would be nice to find a training partner. But I see tons of people out running solo.

What is it that makes people want to run?

Runner's World Magazine says you have to think of running as part of your day. This is as opposed to thinking of it as exercise. I guess exercise has too many negative connotations.

The most proud of myself I've ever been was when I was dropped from about 195 to 170 lbs in about 2 months. This was in 1998 starting in about March and finishing up in May. I was incredibly proud of the discipline that I showed during that process. I managed to stay at that weight for about a year. Later in 1999, my weight crept up to about 180 and I stayed there until about 2003.

I got fed up with myself tonight and went for a short run of about 25 minutes. Perhaps that will be a new beginning.

Right now I'm 40.5 years old. I'm married with 2 kids and a baby on the way. I just started working for a new company and we're closing on a house at the end of this month. Monday I have to call movers and try to get that set up. This sounds like I have a lot going on but it seems like any other time for me. To me, it just sounds like life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good words.

Blink XT2 Thumbnail Failed Fix

Well, this is a bit frustrating. I have one outdoor Blink XT2 camera from Amazon which I installed about a year and a half ago...or maybe tw...