Thursday, February 22, 2007

Comparison of Polar S625 and Garmin Forerunner 305

I've owned a Polar 625X for about the past year. It's been a great upgrade over my older 610 series (which I thought was awesome for 3 years.)

I liked the 625 since it was so similar to the 610. The only thing I didn't like was the footpod. However, it was worth it to have a pretty good speed approximation to add to the other data it collects. I found that it was pretty accurate for 5k races (the only races I've done lately.)

I've seen several others with Forerunner 305's and the prospect of using one device for both running and biking was very attractive. Not to mention being able to get rid of the footpod since the 305 is a GPS based tool.

I got my 305 yesterday and have only used it once. Pretty cool except the HR display is pretty tiny. I went on the Motion based website and it looks like you can do some impressive maps and backgrounds especially using Google Earth.

I found this article and plan to read it right now:
http://www.pccoach.com/newsletters/May06/ComparisonReviewS625XvFR305.htm

No comments:

Blink XT2 Thumbnail Failed Fix

Well, this is a bit frustrating. I have one outdoor Blink XT2 camera from Amazon which I installed about a year and a half ago...or maybe tw...