Tuesday, March 11, 2003

I was working diligently at my cube desk (I work in Dilbert Hell.) A couple of people were waiting for somebody just outside my cube. They noticed a site location plot I have up on my wall. They were discussing how great it would be if they had one. I pretended to ignore them. When they couldn't resist any longer they interrupted me to ask if they could get a copy of my plot. I responded "Who are you people?" Being blunt is great and it certainly takes people by surprise but I don't think it has the effect I want it to. I want people to realize how rude it is not to introduce themselves and explain why they want something before just coming out and asking for it. Especially proprietary information. It turns out they are with a maintenance company that is going to be bidding on a contract with Verizon. I told them no way they are going to get a copy of my map.

No comments:

Blink XT2 Thumbnail Failed Fix

Well, this is a bit frustrating. I have one outdoor Blink XT2 camera from Amazon which I installed about a year and a half ago...or maybe tw...