Wednesday, November 01, 2006

RIP: Cingular Send a Message

I used to be able to send text messages from my PC to Cingular phone users through this page: www.cingular.com/sendamessage. It made typing the messages fast, kept track of the 160 character limit, and it was free.

Cingular recently launched a whole new website...which is pretty slow, at least on my PC. (It also has several dead links.)

I can't find anywhere on the site to send text messages! I guess they figured out they were missing some revenue. So yet again a wireless carrier has come up with a way to squeeze a few more cents from the masses in the name of ARPU. Pathetic....and still no regulation about the quality of their services.

Google still has a cached version of the old page here: Send a Message

No comments:

Blink XT2 Thumbnail Failed Fix

Well, this is a bit frustrating. I have one outdoor Blink XT2 camera from Amazon which I installed about a year and a half ago...or maybe tw...