Saturday, November 04, 2006

Borat Conquers Charlotte

Elizabeth and I went to the 7:20 show of Borat: Cultural Learnings of America....yadda yadda. I'll get to the point...it was hilarious! We were both crying at one point.

The showing was sold out. We bought tickets online and arrived about 10 minutes before showtime. People were streaming in, mostly 20-something young people. Since everyone was shouting to each other across us, it was obvious they knew each other. It turns out, a large continent of bank workers (I separate them from bankers) came straight from the office. I believe our immediate crowd were from the Big Bank, but I'm sure the other guys were represented.

The laughs start immediately. Borat shows us around his village and introduces us to family and friends. As soon as he gets to America, the uncomfortable stuff starts. I thought he was going to get pummeled on the NY subway. New Yorkers live up to their reputation!

The hilarity peaks when Borat and his manager get into a "wrestling" match. It's too disturbing to describe here but I had tears of laughter running down my face.

The climax of his journey is a marriage proposal to Pamela Anderson. I don't know if she was in on the joke. It seemed like she knew he was filming a movie. However, I don't know if she knew he was going to throw a burlap sack over her head and try to carry her away. Borat was thrown to the ground by her security guards and I'm assuming had to answer to the police. I hope to see some "behind the scenes" clips of that one!

There are several deleted scenes on the official movie website as well as at YouTube.com. The one about the cheese in the grocery store is awesome!

No comments:

Blink XT2 Thumbnail Failed Fix

Well, this is a bit frustrating. I have one outdoor Blink XT2 camera from Amazon which I installed about a year and a half ago...or maybe tw...