Monday, October 26, 2015

Siri went deaf. She couldn't hear me nor could I do voice dictation.

I upgraded (?) my iPhone 6 to iOS 9.02 the other day. I didn't realize Siri wasn't working until this morning. Here's what I did that didn't fix her:

1. Power on/off
2. Toggle Siri on/off.
3. Toggle Cellular data on/off.
4. Soft reset (hold down power and home button simultaneously for 10 seconds.)

Here's another procedure that did not work:

Try resetting your network settings:

WARNING: These steps will make you lose any entered passwords in already joined networks. SAVE ANY IMPORTANT DOCUMENTS OR WEBPAGES, YOU MAY LOSE THEM.

  1. Open Settings
  2. Tap General
  3. Go down, tap Reset
  4. Tap Reset Network Settings
  5. If prompted for a pass code, enter it.
  6. Tap Reset Network Settings
  7. A series of different screens will show. This is normal.
  8. Once this is done, unlock your phone and try connecting to a network or cellular network.
  9. Try using Siri.

No comments:

Blink XT2 Thumbnail Failed Fix

Well, this is a bit frustrating. I have one outdoor Blink XT2 camera from Amazon which I installed about a year and a half ago...or maybe tw...