Monday, October 24, 2011

Garmin Edge 500 Mounting Tabs Broke Off

I attempted to replace my Edge 500 on my bike mount this morning as I've done hundreds of times since getting it in April of 2010. To my dismay, it fell off and when I checked the mount the two little mounting tabs (ears) on the back of the case were inside the bike mount. My heart sank thinking about having to trash a perfectly good unit.

A brief internet search reveals that more than a few other folks have had the same issue.

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/cgi-bin/gforum.cgi?do=post_view_printable;post=3140886;

I just emailed Garmin product support in the hopes they'll replace it for free. I'll post their response later. Fingers crossed!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I did a search of this problem and found your blog. May I ask what was Garmin's response and the final resolution? Thanks.

Eric Banks said...

Garmin's response was great. Even though it was out of warranty, they shipped me a new one. They said there was a manufacturing problem with some of the early cases. I'm being extra careful with the new one just in case.

Blink XT2 Thumbnail Failed Fix

Well, this is a bit frustrating. I have one outdoor Blink XT2 camera from Amazon which I installed about a year and a half ago...or maybe tw...