Sunday, October 08, 2006

Race for the Cure 5k

Yesterday I ran my first 5k in about a year. It was the annual "Race for the Cure" to benefit the Susan Komen organization for Breat Cancer. The main difference between this event and other charity events is that so many of the victims or their families participate in this one. I'm not trying to slight other worthy causes, merely pointing out that my feelings during this are magnified. It is incredibly poignant seeing the names of cancer victims, seeing victims walking with bandanas on their heads, and walking with families of survivors/victims. It is a moving experience and makes one forget about one's time and think about what's really important in life.

No comments:

Blink XT2 Thumbnail Failed Fix

Well, this is a bit frustrating. I have one outdoor Blink XT2 camera from Amazon which I installed about a year and a half ago...or maybe tw...