Friday, July 15, 2005

Hurricane Emily


This is coming to you from Eagle Beach in Aruba. Hurricane Emily passed this way early this morning. Around 7 am, there were some strong winds and pouring rain but nothing too extreme. It is now 2:50 in the afternoon and I'm sitting under a palm hut on the beach. The sun is out and I can't take any more of it today.

The only effects from the storm is the surf. The waves have been about 5-6 ft high today and they've been slamming right into the shore. They're strong enough to knock me off my feet. In fact, I tried body surfing one and it ground me into the sand chest-first. It scraped a hole about 5 inches across in my sunburned skin, kind of like road-rash. I tried to stay in but the salt water was too irritating. Now I know about 1/100th of the pain a burn victim must feel.

No comments:

Blink XT2 Thumbnail Failed Fix

Well, this is a bit frustrating. I have one outdoor Blink XT2 camera from Amazon which I installed about a year and a half ago...or maybe tw...